With the ZXP Series 1 card printer, Zebra enters an extremely compact desktop printer into the running, one which will particularly impress with its price tag. With a minor investment you secure yourself high performance and good quality card prints for membership IDs, name tags, business cards and ID cards. Zebra’s ZXP Series 1 scores particularly well in areas where there is a long-term need for individualized card printing on demand, but at the same time, without large print volumes. It is the ideal market-entry card printer.
Personalized or designs covering the entire card are generated by the ZXP Series 1 desktop printer within seconds, in either monochrome or full colour (depending on the colour ribbon), according to requirements. It prints single-sided cards with a resolution of 300 dpi (12 dots/mm) via sublimation or thermal transfer process, as you wish. The advantage of dye sublimation lies in the longer durability of the printed image on the card (depending on the corresponding colour ribbon). The printing process is particularly suitable for customer loyalty programs in retail, for employee ID cards at access control points, or for affordable visitor or membership IDs. In order to generate multi-functional cards with encodable magnetic stripes, you optionally receive a version with an integrated encoder.
The maximum print speed of up to 500 monochrome cards, or up to 120 full colour cards per hour guarantees quick processing, even during short notice peak times. In order to be best prepared for the varying areas of application, Zebra offers plastic cards of various thicknesses. The ZXP Series 1 processes different cards with a thickness of 0.25 to 1.02 mm.
The matching Load-N-Go colour ribbons from Zebra are quick and easy to change. Additionally, they are environmentally friendly thanks to less plastic and more biodegradable materials. Because of its automatic colour ribbon calibration, problem-free operation is made as easy as possible. Even inexperienced users will find its handling easy. Status and error messages are directly shown on the 16-character LCD display.
Connect the ZXP Series 1 standard via USB port easily and quickly – the cable is included in the scope of delivery. In order for several computers or offices to access the printer, choose the optional Ethernet port to turn it into a network printer – even after purchasing, and directly on-site. To call up online printer documents, or to read the printer address with a mobile device, the ZXP Series 1 features an integrated NFC chip (Near Field Communication).
- Eco-Friendly Load-N-Go™ drop-in ribbon ZXP Series 1 cartridges
- ZRaster™ host-based image processing
- Auto calibration of ribbon
More Standard Features
- USB connectivity
- Microsoft Certified Windows drivers
- Energy Star Certified
- Print Touch NFC tag for online Printer documentation access
- 100 card covered feeder (30 mil)
- 45 card capacity output hopper (30 mil)
- 16-character LCD operator control display
- 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) print resolution
- Two-year warranty on printer
- Two-year (unlimited passes) original printhead
- One-year hot swap (U.S. only)
- Dye-sublimation thermal transfer direct to card
- Full color or monochrome printing
- Single- and dual-sided printing
- 500 cph monochrome single-sided
- 120 cph single-sided YMCKO
- Edge-to-edge printing on standard CR-80 media
NOTE: The ZXP Series 1 printer is designed to work only with Zebra True Colours ix Series, ZXP Series 1 ribbons.
- Zebra ix Series intelligent technology automatically detects and authenticates ribbon.
- Integrated cleaning roller included on each ribbon.
- Media Starter Kit – 1 YMCKO ribbon, 100 30-mil PVC cards
- Cleaning Kit: 4 print engine cleaning cards and 4 feeder cleaning cards, 1000 images/card
Operating temperature: 60° F (15° C) to 86° F (30° C)
Storage temperatures: 23° F (-5° C) to 158° F (70° C)
Operating humidity: 20% to 65% non-condensing
Storage humidity: 20% to 70% non-condensing
- Temperature: 41F to 77F (5C to 30C)
- Humidity: 35% to 65% non-condensing
- Do not store in directt sunlight
- Auto-switching single-phase AC power
- Operating range: 90-132VAC and 190-264VAC RMS
- Frequency range : 47-63 Hz.
- Power requirement is 100W maximum continuous and 607W peak (for 450 microsec) output power.
- FCC Class A
Width: 7.9" (200 mm)
Height: 9.3" (236 mm)
Depth: 13.0" (330 mm)
Weight: 11.6 lbs (5.3 kg)
- *CardSense™ single-card feed mode
- ZebraCare™ extended product warranty programs
- USB V2.0 (cable included) - standard
- *Built-in 10/100 Ethernet - optional
Encoding Options and Specifications
- Magnetic stripe encoder – ISO 7811 (new and re-encoded, tracks 1,2, and 3, high and low coercivity, stripe down, 30 mil card only
NOTE: For optimum print quality and printer performance, use of Zebra genuine supplies is recommended.
- Card Thickness: 10-40 mil
- Card Size: CR-80, ISO 7810 format, Type ID-1, 2.12" (54 mm) x 3.38" (86 mm)
- Card Material: PVC and PVC composite
- Smart Card Contact – ISO 7816-1,2,3,4
- Spot Color or monochrome print only on < 20 mil card thickness
*Field upgradeable options